Country Comfort Cider
Is this really a cider? Nope, but it's an amazing amalgamation of freshly squeezed oranges, ginger root infused water, sugar, and ginger ale. But if we can call a meatless patty between two buns a burger, then country comfort can be called a cider.
- 1 C Water Boiled & ginger infused
- 1 Ginger root 2½ to 3 inches in length.
- 1 Tbsp Sugar (Granulated)
- ⅓ C Orange juice I juiced oranges.
- ¼ C Ginger ale Or use 1/3 if you want more depth and fizz.
Peel the ginger & place in the water. Bring to a boil for 5 min.
While water is boiling, in your mug of choice add the sugar and OJ. Mix.
Remove the ginger water from the heat and remove the ginger root. Add 3/4 ginger infused water to OJ/sugar mixture. Add ginger ale and stir.
- Serve Country Comfort Cider hot or cold.
- To make it a hot or cold toddy, add your favorite honey whiskey or bourbon.
- If you make a large batch and have leftovers, refrigerate them. When you're ready to enjoy again, add ginger ale and whiskey/bourbon after you reheat it.
Calories: 109kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 18mgPotassium: 165mgSugar: 24gVitamin A: 165IUVitamin C: 41mg