It’s that time of year y’all! Y’all know what I’m talking about, the retail world becomes inundated with hearts, cupids, roses, reds, and pinks. Yep, Valentine’s is around the corner. You know what? I’m joining in the festivities this year. I’m baking all of my valentines sweet treats – I’m making cake mix cookies!
This recipe is SSSSOOOO easy! I know, you’re probably saying, “Shauna Mac, you’ve said that before.” And my answer to that is, “I know and I wasn’t wrong then!” 🙂
How easy is this recipe?
Listen…the number of ingredients you need to successfully make an AWESOME batch of the cake mix cookies are 3 ingredients. It’s so easy that you don’t need a stand-mixer or an electric hand-mixer; you can go ol’ skool with it and use a your regular hands and a big wooden spoon or spatula. I know, I said, “regular hands,” like you have another random pair of hands that you only use to bake and/or ReCreate. But let’s be honest… IDK y’all’s life! 🙂 What I do know, is that y’all are about to rush the grocery stores and buy up the cake mixes…as you should.
What’s needed to make cake mix cookies?
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Boxed cake mix (I used strawberry, red velvet, and white cake mixes.)
- Vegetable oil
If you want to be fancy, you can always add optional add-ins like white chocolate chips, semi-chocolate chips, and sprinkles!
I’m not going to hold y’all up! Get to it, Valentine’s is literally around the corner! If you decide to ReCreate this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on IG @macnificentrecreations. Also, rate and comment below!
3-Ingredient Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 Cake mix Like Pilsbury or Ducan Hines
- 2 Large eggs Room temp
- ½ Vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare the cookie sheet.
- Add all ingredients to a medium or large bowl and mix until it is well incorporated. (This is where you'll add any mix-ins like sprinkles.)
- Scoop 1 to 2 Tbsp of batter into your hand an roll into a ball. Add the ball of dough to the cookie sheet ensuring each ball is at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 7 – 10 minutes. If you want your cookies to be crunchier, leave them in for a few minutes longer.
- Remove from the over and allow to cool. Enjoy!!!
- For crispier cookies, leave the cookies in the oven for a few minutes longer than 10 minutes.
- Mix in sprinkles, chocolate chips, or nuts to make your cookies fancy and SUPER tasty!