BE ADVISED: This recipe does contain alcohol as an optional ingredient; please do not serve Trick or Treat Drank to anyone under the legal drinking age in your state/country. Underaged drinking is not condoned or recommended by MacNificent ReCreations or any of its affiliates.
Fall is quickly approaching. It’s one of the best times of the year. The leaves will begin to change to vibrant yellows, oranges, and reds. The temperature will start to cool and the air will become crisp. Ugh..I just love this time of year.
Speaking of crispness, let me tell y’all about this drank. Before I go any further, let me advise y’all that I am not a trained mixologist and I’ve never been any type of bartender on purpose. But this drank, though! It’s a sweet concoction with a smoothie texture and with just enough lime tang to get your taste buds jumping. The texture is the thickness of a smoothie or even a milkshake, but again, this Drank is non-dairy!
Why is it called Trick or Treat Drank?
Because it’s super catchy and it’s fitting of the season. 😀
Okay, Shauna, what’s the Treat part?
Glad you asked. There are many treats to this drank:
- It’s non-dairy: there’s coconut milk and coconut cream running all through this thang, but you can’t taste it. If you have issues with lactose or vegan, it’s the drank for you.
- Blessed with the benefits of fresh limes which are great sources of magnesium and potassium among other things.
So, what’s the Trick part?
Y’all are going to flip out when I tell you, especially if you’re not used to consuming the Trick in this manner. Let me tell you some things about the Trick:
- The Trick is rich in vitamins C, E, K, and B-6, omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, and potassium among other nutrients.
- The Trick is green (just in case you weren’t sure).
Have you figured out what it is, yet? Okay, you’ve waited long enough. The Trick is AVOCADO!
Fix your face if you’ve got it all turned up right now :-). It’s okay if it’s not your jam, but I promise you can’t taste the avocado. If you’re excited about trying it now, just flow with me.
How long does this Trick or Treat Drank last?
Stored in a pitcher, in the fridge, Trick or Treat Drank can last up to 4 days while maintaining it’s smoothie consistency.
Additionally, Trick or Treat Drank can be frozen. As a treat to myself and family, I’ve put the non-alcohol version popsicle molds and they came out wonderfully!
What you’ll need:
- Unsweetened coconut milk
- Sweetened coconut cream
- An avocado
- Limes – I actually used 3 limes.
- Optional: Lemonade flavored vodka (or coconut flavored liqueur)
- Manual fruit juicer I used this one (paid link).
Trick or Treat Drank
- 13 oz Unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 oz Sweetened coconut cream
- 2 – 4 oz Lime juice I used 3 limes to get 4 oz.
- 4-6 oz Lemonade flavored alcohol Optional
- 1 Hass avocado Ripened
- A couple of handfuls of ice
- Wash your produce as you normally would.
- Add all ingredients except for the alcohol and ice to the blender.
- Mix until well incorporated – about 20 seconds. The Drank will appear thickened.
- Add the alcohol of choice. This will thin the Drank out.
- Add the ice and blend until
- Want to be fancy? Serve Trick or Treat Drank in a glass that has sugar or salt around the rim.
- The alcohol in the Drank is optional; please do not serve Trick or Treat Drank to anyone under the legal drinking age in your state/country.
- Trick or Treat Drank can last up to 4 days in a pitcher in your fridge.