Hey! I see you! Stop what you’re doing! Put that powdered cocoa packet abomination down! Now, slowly… back… away.
Listen, it’s the holiday season and you’ve got to stop playin’ and step your chocolate holiday beverage game up! Not sure what to do? Don’t worry, I’m here to help and the world forgives you for the sin you were about to commit against all holiday drinks e’rywhere. I’m joking, powdered cocoa is very tasty and can be enjoyed in a multitude of ways.
Let me introduce to some and present to others, the slow cooker Nutella hot chocolate. It’s creamy, chocolatey, wonderfully amazing and EASY to make!
During my time in Texas, I came across slow cooker Nutella hot chocolate because I was looking to try something different. I mean, c’mon, hot chocolate from a slow cooker, it’s intriguing, right?! I tried that joint and I was hooked!!!! It’s been in my holiday rotation ever since! Not only that, but I’m often asked to make it at parties (like I’m doing in the video below). I’m not sure who decided to mix these ingredients in a slow cooker, but I thank them and the person/people who put it on the interweb years ago.
I know what you’re saying, “Shauna Mac, slow cooker hot chocolate, what are you talking about, girl?! You can’t make hot chocolate in a slow cooker.” I’m not sure who told you that, but he/she/they have misinformed you. Watch what I tell you, you’re going to learn something new and your treat will be slow cooker Nutella hot chocolate that we’ll kick up about 10 notches – just keep watching the video!
Is there a difference between hot cocoa and hot chocolate?
Yeah, there is! And it’s not a crazy concept when you think about it. The majority of us use both hot chocolate and hot cocoa interchangeably because that’s what we do. However, hot cocoa is a beverage that’s made when cocoa powder has been added to water/milk and sugar. Hot chocolate is when you melt chocolate into milk/water to make a beverage. Makes sense, right?!
Shauna Mac, is it going to taste like Nutella?
It doesn’t, not that anything would be wrong with it tasting like Nutella because I’m all about Nutella e’rythang!
Are there any special tools I need?
I’m going to stop talking/typing and let you just get to ReCreating this recipe! As always, if you ReCreate this recipe, let me know below or take me on IG: macnficentrecreations.
Slow Cooker Nutella Hot Chocolate
- Slow cooker
- 7 C Milk I used whole milk.
- 14 oz Sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 1¼ C Nutella
- Prep your slow cooker with a liner (optional – don't have any, see the post).
- Turn the slow cooker on high and add all ingredients to the slow cooker and whisk. Cook for 1 hr whisking occasionally. (To cook slower, heat on low for 2 hrs.)
- Enjoy in your favorite mug with whip cream or marshmallows – or both. For those who are drinking age and want to kick it up a thousand notches add your favorite cream liqueur to make it super fancy!
- If you have leftover hot chocolate, let it cool and place in your refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, let it come to room temp, place in a pot or sauce pan, and warm on a low to med-low setting.
- To kick it up a thousand notches, add a few ounces of your favorite liqueur (if you’re of drinking age). Know your limits and enjoy responsibly.
- Add the liqueur to individual servings and NOT to the slow cooker itself as to not cook off the alcohol.
- Let’s get fancy and add whip cream, marshmallows, or both – top with caramel.
**Be Advised: This recipe contains an alcohol component. MacNificent ReCreations, LLC and it’s representatives do not condone or encourage under aged drinking. Follow the laws and statues regarding alcohol use in your corresponding country and/or state. If you are of legal drinking age, please enjoy responsibly. **