Are you someone who likes to know and control the ingredients in your food? You know what I mean; you want to know and control how much sugar and salt in the foods you purchase. If that’s your bag, then this recipe is for you!
Y’all, just like me, have been sleeping on homemade pecan butter. Homemade pecan butter is so easy to make and you can control everything that goes in it! If that’s not enough to get your gears grinding in a good way, then I’ll also tell you this homemade pecan butter is cheaper than any pecan butter you can get at the store. Boom! It’s a money saver! You’re welcome.
What’s needed to make homemade pecan butter?
- Pecans! That’s obvious, huh?
- Food processor
- Sweeteners like maple syrup or honey if you want to add them to the processor. I like to add my sweeteners and flavors each time I use the pecan butter.
What can you use homemade pecan butter on?
- Sliced bread/Toast
- Use it to make a drizzle for cakes.
Can homemade pecan butter be flavored?
L to the yes it can! I added honey, salt, unsweetened cocoa, and cinnamon to spread on my bagels. So effin’ good! The cherry on top is that it doesn’t have to be heated up, you can do all of this in your container – make sure you taste you go.
There are so many things you can do with pecan butter, the sky’s the limit! Whatever you choose to do, please share your ReCreation with me here or on IG at macnificentrecreations!
Homemade Pecan Butter
- Food processor
- 2 C Pecans
- Add pecans to the food process and process for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stop the processor the first couple of minutes to scrape down the sides. The longer it processes, the smoother the pecan butter will be.
- Add a couple of Tbsp of maple syrup or honey with a combo of cocoa and cinnamon. Add a little salt to cut the sweetness or add a little more to make it sweet ‘n salty.