‘Tis the season to sip on warm dranks by the fire… on purpose! And I’m telling y’all this drank is really good. Do you want a drank that warms up those cold nights and makes you feel all cozy on the inside? Country comfort cider is your drank!
Is country comfort cider really a cider?
Nope! But if we can call a meatless patty between two buns a burger, then country comfort can be called a cider. 🙂 Country comfort cider isn’t a cider because it doesn’t have crushed fruit in it and it’s not a fermented beverage.
What is in country comfort cider?
It’s an amazing amalgamation of freshly squeezed oranges, ginger root infused water, sugar, and ginger ale. Country comfort cider can be made for a single serving or you can make a large batch. Country comfort cider can be enjoyed cold or hot. You can even make it a hot or cold toddy by adding your favorite honey whisky or bourbon.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Don’t forget, if you ReCreate this recipe, tag me on IG: macnificentrecreations. Comment below and don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe!
Country Comfort Cider
- 1 C Water Boiled & ginger infused
- 1 Ginger root 2½ to 3 inches in length.
- 1 Tbsp Sugar (Granulated)
- ⅓ C Orange juice I juiced oranges.
- ¼ C Ginger ale Or use 1/3 if you want more depth and fizz.
- Peel the ginger & place in the water. Bring to a boil for 5 min.
- While water is boiling, in your mug of choice add the sugar and OJ. Mix.
- Remove the ginger water from the heat and remove the ginger root. Add 3/4 ginger infused water to OJ/sugar mixture. Add ginger ale and stir.
- Serve Country Comfort Cider hot or cold.
- To make it a hot or cold toddy, add your favorite honey whiskey or bourbon.
- If you make a large batch and have leftovers, refrigerate them. When you’re ready to enjoy again, add ginger ale and whiskey/bourbon after you reheat it.